Sunday 24 February 2013

Digital Footprint

Well, I was happy (and a little relieved) when googling myself to find that there is not much that the public can find about me on the internet! When only searching my full name, I was interested to find out that there is a Jen Banks that is extremely popular for her blogging (with a blogger name of @abusymommy) who is way more popular than me! I searched for 3 pages and still couldn't find anything on myself. . However once adding "Brandon University" to my name, I was excited to see that my student exchange experience with Indiana University came up. I was one of the first people to ever take part in the student exchange program through BU and am proud to see my name attached to the first news articles published about the NSE program. Thinking back to what George Couros told us about having a positive digital footprint, I feel relieved to see that only my professional footprint is to be found! (Not that I expected any negative information to be found, but it is hard to believe how long the internet has been around for and that we weren't ALWAYS as smart as we are today.. Thinking back to MSN chatrooms, etc). Thanks to our I4ed class, the only other link to be found is my google account which is full of educational blogs. Luckily, I only need to worry about adding positive information to my digital footprint in the future, not removing any negative!

2 comments:

  1. Jen, first off congrats on having a 'clean' digital footprint lol and second that's neat how your exchange program came up! I agree that it is hard to think how long the internet has been around and how long we have been using it. When we were in our teens and on the web we weren't thinking of how what we did would effect us in the future. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Jen is a very popular name. I found another Jennifer Falk online and she also has a brother named Jared Falk it was very weird. I am very glad you have a positive digital footprint. Now what are you going to do with your footprint to help you get a job in the future?

    ReplyDelete