Wednesday 6 March 2013

App Show and Tell!

After our group presentations two weeks ago, I couldn't help but feel panicked about properly citing my information while in school. (Especially considering I'm 4 years in...) So I found an app, which may or may not be new to my classmates, that will be such a big help! Its called "CiteMe" &  CiteMe on Facebook". 

The best part? It's a fool proof way to cite all your resources! Once you go to CiteMe on Facebook, all you do is type in the name of the book, textbook, or whatever it is that you are citing and it will bring up the proper way to cite the resource. Then, you can just copy and paste it to your document. The other great feature is it will automatically change it whether you are using APA, MLA, or other forms of citations. 

 
The website "CiteMe" is just as convenient and allows you to search even more than just books. It will conveniently cite articles, newspapers, or any other media you have used. It gives you a template to type in all the necessary information (such as author, year, article name) and it cites it for you! It also keeps a list to make it easier and more organized for when you are finished. Hope this helps everyone else as much as it will me! 



1 comment:

  1. I frequently use citationmachine.net, but I like the look of Cite me's user interface. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete