Thursday 13 February 2014

ePortfolios

This week had me thinking a lot about ePortfolios (well, Mike has sparked an interest in this topic area!) First thing to be discussed: should we be using the ePortfolio? Or should we stick to something we consider comfortable and easy to use, being the paper route? Well I know what I thought of right away, it's 2014 and we don't do anything using the "paper route" anymore! Sure, we will have some polished resumes to hand out in a few months, but for the most part out career is going to be (hopefully) focused on using the most recent and modern tools and technology. So the answer for me was to go the ePortfolio route. That was actually the easy part! The hard part? Deciding what it is about yourself that stands out from the other 100 applications and portfolios that your future employer might be looking at! The portfolio basics I feel comfortable with - you need to include a little bit about yourself, your education, your personal learning experiences, related work experience, achievements, samples of your creations, and a few other things once you've completed that. What I consider most important in this portfolio is showcasing who I am as a teacher, a colleague, and why my teaching philosophy is one to be recognized. All in all, this is a piece I have yet to accomplish and put the finishing touches on, but soon to be completed! I feel confident and determined to make this something that highlights who I am as a person, and really use it as a way to help me to understand who it is that I want to be as a professional, and where I see myself in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment